The Delhi Republic Day parade is the largest and most important of the parades marking the Republic Day celebrations in India. The parade takes place every year on 26 January at Rajpath, New Delhi. It is the main attraction of India’s Republic Day celebrations, which last for 3 days. The parade showcases India’s defence capability and its cultural and social heritage.
On India’s 70th Republic Day Saturday, the annual parade in the national capital showcased the country’s rich cultural heritage and traditions. The central theme of the tableaux displayed was Mahatma Gandhi as 2019 marks the year of his 150th birth anniversary. The might of the Indian military was on full display, and in particular, women’s power.
Before the parade, celebrations kicked off with Prime Minister Narendra Modi paying homage to the martyrs by laying a floral wreath at Amar Jawan Jyoti. At Rajpath, the Prime Minister received President Ram Nath Kovind and South Africa’s President Cyril Ramaphosa, who was the Chief Guest at India’s Republic Day 2019 event. President Kovind hoisted the tricolour as the national anthem played and a 21-gun salute was fired by seven cannons of 2281 Field Regiment.
Republic day parade includes various cultural and military showcase. Some of the highlights of 70th Republic day are:
- ASSAM RIFLES TABLEAU: they participated in the Republic Day parade for the first time and showcased their women power.( Marking the change in Indian ideology and society).
- CISF tableau : They showcased their power and discipline ,they also has the highest percentage of women among all paramilitary forces.
- State tableau: different states showed the different events of the life of Nation’s Father.
- Indian Military showcased their power to the world and once again proved that they are capable of everything , they showed some the new big guns they got.
- Air force provided the best part of the Republic Day parade to the visitors. Their colourful acts in the sky can provide anyone Goosebumps.
If you visit India during the time of Indian Republic Day then it’s a must watch thing for the visitors.
As we always say “Atithi Devo Bhava”.